Sunday, May 31, 2020

London Trip

On January 23rd, I went on a school trip with my A Level art class to London. I took a plethora of photos which you can see on this post. I printed the majority onto contact sheets and presented them in my sketchbook. I really enjoyed my time in London and I gained so much inspiration for my personal investigation and my City in a Box topic.


This photo is of my sketchbook page about Kara Walker's Fons Americanus Foutain in the Tate Modern Gallery. It was beautiful to see and was absolutely ginormous! It was cool that there was so many small aspects to the fountain and you had to walk the whole way round to spot every single little but deliberate detail. Although I personally don't like to sculpt myself, I can still appreciate the beauty of this fountain and how much hard work must've went into its creation.
The three smaller drawings are quick first hand observations I made.

 This next page is all about the National Gallery. I really love older paintings, especially portraits so being in this gallery and seeing paintings from some amazing artists up close was absolutely dreamy. On this page I have showcased a couple of brochures, pictures I took of the architecture and a few snaps of some paintings I loved. Currently, I am working on a small canvas using paint and thread to recreate the portrait of the lady that I have shown on this page.



Photos from my sketch book covering the trip to London. 

No comments:

Post a Comment